Saturday’s 2pm-4pm / Starting Saturday 28th April
Who is this for?
Aimed at anyone from 12 – 18 years who writes or wants to learn to write songs. Whether you’re a singer who wants to broaden your horizons or a musician who wants to learn the skills to get your music to be heard – come see us on a Saturday afternoon.
- Learn song composition: how to build on basic chords
- Lyric writing: learn creative ways to tell your story, how to find inspiration and tips and tricks on how to finish writing the song.
- Musicianship: brush up on your theory, playing skills, learn a new instrument, play with other musicians.
- Technical skills: learn how to maximise use of programmes such as Garage Band, how to put together demos and record
- Improve performance: work with established performers to understand more about how to perform in front of an audience.
- The Music Business: understand more about the business side of Music: how to promote yourself and to manage releasing your music.
- Performance opportunities. These take place throughout the year in both small intimate and medium sized, theatre style venues, providing the opportunity to road test some of the newly acquired performance skills in front of a truly inclusive and supportive crowd (not compulsory)
Classes are £12 per session
Get in touch now to book your spot:
E-mail email@example.com Call, text or WhattsApp 07515 271514
Davey Hal – Professional musician, actor and songwriter. Davey regularly plays gigs around the town, along with writing and releasing his own music. You can also find Davey treading the boards once a year as part of the ‘Improvised Panto’ with local improve group.
Louisa Strachan – Professional vocal coach songwriter and singer: Louisa works with singers to develop them both vocally and as artists and has lots of experience performing in bands and in the Theatre.